Re: fuel pressure and Weber DGV problems

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel pressure and Weber DGV problems
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 08:20:45 -0700
It may be that you have a fuel pump specifically for domestic (USA)
vehicles.  There are two varieties with different output levels.  The
import should have no more than 3.5 psi while the domestic is more around 7
psi.  Facet (SP?) makes both types, and I had one on my Spitfire feeding a
Weber (DFAV) for over ten years.  Never flooded out, never failed.  It was
changed only when I went to fuel injection (another way complicated and
EXPENSIVE story) and needed a different pump.  If you have the higher
output one, the only alternative (other than to replace it) is to use a
fuel regulator- My pump was mounted in the trunk area, just below the tank,
left side, on the more or less vertical floor/body area of the "hump" that
clears the rear spring and behind the cardboard cover.  I never heard it
clicking away except when the car was not running, but the key was on.  It
was a good indication of whether or not the pump was working.

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)