Re: Nitrous Oxide

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nitrous Oxide
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:25:12 EST
In a message dated 01/10/2000 1:48:43 PM Central Standard Time,
njaremka@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 what's really interesting, is that road and track did a test to see how the
car
 would accelerate if you shifted at 5500rpm, instead of the 8500rpm for peak
hp.
 are you ready for this,  OVER 11 SECONDS to reach 60mph!!  my civic with
110hp
 could beat it at that rate.  so, is it really worth it?

YES!!!

Seriously, I think it wouldn't be an issue.  Every winter when I switch from
the GT6 to the Talon, I go through a period of adjustment where I have to
remember that the Talon (which is turbocharged) doesn't know it's awake until
you wind it up around 3500, which is where I'd be shifting the GT6.  The
Talon lives its whole life between 3500 and 5000 (unless I'm dawdling and
then it's 3000) -- anybody run their LBCs that way?  I suspect that the same
would apply to with the Honda -- I think I could get used to running the car
between 5500 and 8500.  And I, for one, would be willing to give it a shot...
:-)

Scott