Dash veneer

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash veneer
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:22:11 -0700
Thanks to all who replied about veneering a dash (specially Joe and
Susan with their strong vote for contact cement!
        In the end I went for the "weatherproof" woodworkers glue.  Now
I trust my sptifire dash will be immune from hurricanes, tornadoes and
snow blizzards.
        I used woodworkers glue because a) I have more of it than
contact, and b) I like being able to move things before they become
permenantly stuck.

        Finished the first section - holding good while I cut, milled
and sanded off the edges out of the holes etc.

        Interestingly of the several 'dash refinishing' tips on various
pages, I didn't find one that mentioned reveneering the original, or
making from scratch  as I have done.

>From those pages seems the finish of preference is Urethane varnish.
Cheers, Fred
--