Re: Re[2]: Engine identification

To: "List Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Engine identification
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:51:11 -0000
Hi listers

This engine number range was issued to the Triumph 1300FWD range of cars,
the single Stromberg would have been correct on this car.
The spec is bore&stroke standard for 1300cc engine.
61bhp@5000rpm  875lb.in.(=73 lb.ft.)@3000rpm.
My1300FWD is1967 with engine number RD 33954.
I do not have the spec for the original engine for your car but this should
help you draw your own conclusions.
http://members.tripod.co.uk/TriumphIW/unleaded.html 1300 FWD is the green
car
on the picture at the top of this page.