Re: Manuals

To: "Claes Lagercrantz" <Claes.Lagercrantz@eu.pnu.com>,
Subject: Re: Manuals
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 07:41:15 -0800
Hi Claes,

So far, the only manuals I have for reference are the British Leyland
workshop manual from Bentley and the original owners glovebox handbook
(which I've linked to on Jan Vogel's excellent site from my web page).

I paid a lot for the workshop manual, but so far, it's been a very good
resource guide.  There are other books I want to pick up, like the Spitfire
guide to originality, etc., but this one came highly recommended by a list
member so I just bought it.  In retrospect, I wish I would have waited to
find a good, used clean copy on eBay, because they can be found there
frequently for a lot less than I paid, but what the heck!

As is usually the case with most manuals, the Bentley makes the most sense
when you've got the parts they're referring to right in your hand and can
better identify the various parts they're describing.

Best wishes,

Jeff

P.S.  Today, I'm going to try and install new rear brake cylinders during my
lunch hour!