Manuals

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Manuals
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:52:25 -0700
I use several - the Haynes of course, and
"Spitfire Mk 3, 4" an Autobook 711 by Kenneth Ball revised 1975,
"Repair Operation Manual" by British Leyland.

It is amazing the differences in them all.  For example to remove the
driveshaft the procedure varies between the 3 books, from

1)      "from under the vehicle remove the exhaust system, undo the
flange bolts front end and back end, remove the driveshaft to the rear"

OR 2)   "remove the dash support, carpet, tunnel, then  .....as above"

OR 3)   "remove the seats, etc.......as above".

        Think I'll go with the first method, sounds easiest
Cheers, Fred
--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths
Calgary, Canada