Rear drum off! New problem

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear drum off! New problem
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:02:14 -0800
A very special thanks to all who suggested that I beat the frozen brake drum
with a hammer and keep prying at it until it begged for mercy.  After
another 15 minutes of wrestling, it finally came off.

I went to go work on the other side and find that I cannot loosen the brake
adjuster without rounding the corners of the nut.  I don't have the special
tool for it and got away with using a crescent wrench on the other side.

Can anyone recommend a good tool to loosen the adjuster, now that I've
nearly purchased myself a new adjuster assembly?  That special $9 adjusting
wrench is beginning to sound cheap!

Thanks for your patience!

Jeff in San Diego