Best 1500 head

To: Spitfires list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Best 1500 head
From: Scott Ruffner <jpr9c@cs.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:25:34 -0500 (EST)
I'm in the process of rebuilding my 1500 engine, and am planning on
putting it back together with the 9:1 pistons and twin SU's.  Someone on
the list recently asserted that he '74 heads have the largest valves.
Before I have any work done to the existing head ('79), I'm wondering if
anybody out on the list has an opinion about the best 1500 head?  Is it
feasible to simple grind out my head and use the larger valves with it.

Scott
--
Scott Ruffner                   Computer Science Department
Systems Engineer                226E Olsson Hall