Re: Hard-top/Soft-top Mounting

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, reegurley@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Hard-top/Soft-top Mounting
From: "Dean Dashwood" <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:35:19 +0000

I wish I lived somewhere that was dry enough not to bother with the soft-top in
summer!

Anyway, to answer your questions (and repeat other replies.....)

A1) Yes.  Normally, you would remove the bar/slat/stiffy thing, and bolt the
back of the hard-top on instead.  Don't know how this fits in with your setup.
Also, there are two types of mountings on the B-post - one for cars with soft
tops, and for cars without.  For cars without, the mounting bracket is bolted
directly onto the inside of the B-post.  For cars with soft-tops, the soft-top
is mounted where the hard-top mounting would normally go, and a shorter hard-top
mounting screws into the soft-top mounting.  Clear?  Probably not, but it's
obvious when you see the different parts.

A2) No idea, sorry.  But you should have holes in the back of the car which it
screws into.  There should be four holes there - two on the outside which you'll
use for the hard top, and two further towards the centre of the car.  Any piece
of metal with holes drilled to match those on the car should be suitable, I'd
think.

A3) Don't recall having them on my hard-top - but it might be that I just
haven't noticed them before.

Hope that helps,

Dean