RE: Fuel Tank Venting - BASIC

To: "'Ree Gurley'" <reegurley@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Fuel Tank Venting - BASIC
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:14:21 -0800
Ree;

You are most likely correct.  I had this same problem a few years ago and
the "problem" collapsed my gas tank ($75 to get it "reinflated"!).  The RPM
of the engine will also slowly increase as the vacuum in the tank increases
and leans out the mixture.  The root cause was a blockage in one of the
restrictors that are in the vent line to the tank.  There are two of them
(at least on a '79).  One is up front by the carbon canisters, and the other
one is on top of the near the filler neck.  Make sure both of them are
clear.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)