RE: Help me put the "Gas Out" Hoax to rest forever?

To: "'Laura.G@141.com'" <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: RE: Help me put the "Gas Out" Hoax to rest forever?
From: David Brock <davidb@ilx.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:46:50 -0500
Thanks for the reply, Laura.  While I'm not begging for participants, I
would like to clear something up:

I'm out to *prove*, (roughly speaking) the effect or lack of effect of a
"Gas Out".

Talking about cutting down gas consumption and driving less is a whole
different story- which I support, BTW.  I beleive we, as a culture, consume
far too much of a lot of stuff, gas included.

However, I would like to see if the "Great Gas Out", (which encourages
people to withhold filling up for a specific period of days), actually has
any effect.  The chain letters say "It worked last year, let's do it again",
but I don't remember it "working", (i.e. the prices dipping significantly)
last year.  I'd like to see for sure by recording gas prices.  I thought
that the people on this list would want to see also, since we're avid
drivers.

;-David