Re: Help me put the "Gas Out" Hoax to rest forever?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help me put the "Gas Out" Hoax to rest forever?
From: "Karl Theis" <kjtheis@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:16:57 MST
Laura G. wrote:
>Oh-and as the British ruled Egyptions cried "Egypt for the Egyptions"-my
>battle cry is "Keep Our Oil Home!" -let's not export so much!

Perhaps a better battle cry is
    "Let's keep our oil in the ground" - let's use up their's first and save
our's!

People need to realize how seriously dependent we are on the stuff:  the
agricultural revolution that has fueled the population explosion on this
planet is due primarily to petroleum.  Chemical fertilizers, insecticides,
the heavy equipment and distribution system all use oil.   Once it's gone,
that's it.  In only one century we have consumed from 1/3 to 1/2 of the
easily extractable petroleum.
I'll gladly pay $5/gallon for gas if it makes people think about our
dependence on oil and start pushing for alternatives.

Karl "Gloom & Doom" Theis