Re: speedos and rotating diameter

To: James Libecco <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Subject: Re: speedos and rotating diameter
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 07:01:59 -0700
Let me weigh in on this one.

There is definately a difference in the tach to speed ratio if everything else
s not equal.  Changing tire diameter will vary the
speedometer reading , as any tire shop will tell you.  Also varying the ratio
of the differential will change the speedometer reading.
While you can calculate the speed by doing the proper math, all the elements
must be taken into consideration.  the drive line does not
end at the back of the transmission where the speedometer cable is connected.

Joe