RE: dash wiring harness from vicky brit

To: "Dummer, Dan" <Dan.Dummer@BestBuy.Com>
Subject: RE: dash wiring harness from vicky brit
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:09:42 -0700 (PDT)
Well I agree that VicBrit has a great stock of parts,
but the problem I have is when those great 18 year old
$6 an hour employees try sending me a part.  For
instance I ordered a brake light switch one day.  The
next day I realized I needed a battery tray and called
to see if I could add to the order.  They had no
problem with that cause it wouldn't going out for
another day anyway (weekend).  After I heard that I
tried buying a universal brake light switch at Pepboys
and it ending up working.  Great, no shipping.  SO I
called VB back and said cancel the brake switch, all I
want is the tray.  Ok thats no problem, it is going
out tomorrow they said.  Cool, so then I get my
package a couple days later.  Rather small, hmmmm.  I
open it up and it is a brake switch, the very part I
cancelled.  I called and said whats up here?  They
said sorry, keep it and we credit it and send the
tray.  Cool.  Then I get my tray.  Sweet.  The next
day what do I get...another tray!  God #**3?'!  THis
is really getting old!  I called and waited for some
lady after getting transfered multiple times which in
turn means you have to tell your story over and over.
Finally they say keep both trays and we will charge
you for one.  Fine, I don't care. Now I have another
tray.  Anyone need it?  Never again will I try VB
unless all else fails.
Mark
--- "Dummer, Dan" <Dan.Dummer@BestBuy.Com> wrote:

> Joe,
>
> The comparison I was trying to make was that VB,
> like big department stores,
> carry huge amounts of merchandise, and you can't get
> good customer service
> in them.  I know that's a generalization, but it
> feels like you have to set
> yourself on fire on one of those stores to attract
> the attention of the
> staff, and then all you get are blank stares.   VB,
> or more  specifically
> Long Motors, is a large company, that provides parts
> many makes of cars.
> The people on the phones can't possibly know about
> every part from every one
> of the catalogs that they send out.
>
> I do shop at the other parts supplies too.   And
> they do usually have better
> prices, and shipping practices.  But they are on
> occasion out of stock , or
> behind on orders.   Just look at the discussion
> about TRF that happened on
> this list not long back.   I haven't run into that
> with VB.   Being a large
> company allows them to have more parts on the
> shelves, and have more staff
> getting the parts shipped.  These economies of
> scale, should cause their
> prices to be lower, just as they do for the large
> chains I mentioned before,
> but obviously they don't.   Since these are
> relatively rare parts, they are
> worth whatever they can get for them.   It could be
> argued that they help us
> out, just by being a vendor.  The more vendors we
> have, the less rare our
> parts are, and therefore the overall price of the
> parts is lower.
>
> I agree whole heartedly that their shipping is high
> priced.   And I limit my
> ordering through them for that very reason.  Which
> really puts me in a tough
> position here.   I find myself defending a company
> that I can't say that I
> buy from on a regular basis. I took exception to the
> comment that they were
> a "poor company".    They haven't, as of yet, let me
> down.   They always
> seem to have the parts I need in stock.   So I
> thought a differing opinion
> needed to be voiced.
>
> Just my opinions,
> Dan