Re: Leaking brake line connection

To: jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: Leaking brake line connection
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 08:01:25 -0400 (EDT)
The double flare at the end of the pipe is sufficient to seal.
Possibilities include a bit of cruft got onto the sealing surface and
is preventing full contact or the pipe is not truly square to the
hose-end fitting.  Try loosening the joint a flat or two, move the
pipe and rubber hose end slightly, realign and tighten well.  No need
to reef on it; if the joint is clean and square, snug will be
sufficient.

Don't do any pipe dope, though.  The threads don't do the sealing;
that's the job of the two flare surfaces.

Donald.