Indy British Motor Days

To: nass@egroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Indy British Motor Days
From: Howard Baugues <bauguesh@abcs.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 21:26:15 -0500
We had a beautiful weekend for the IBMD this weekend, and I was able to
finish my Spit in time to attend. We got to take that trip around the
Formula One track, and the track still had skid marks from last weeks'
race. All participants were issued dash plaques stating "This car drove
around the F-1 track on Sept. 30, 2000". We also had our cars
photographed in front of the Indy 500 museum after the lap around the
track.
There were lots of Triumphs at the car show on Sunday and a fair number
of Spitfires. A couple Spits won awards, including Geof Bush (G.L.
Bush), winning an Award of Excellence" in the "Diamond in the Rough"
category! Hey Geof, you gotta get the Rolling Restoration finished for
next year since you will be in the "MASTERS" category in 2001!!!
I got to meet two NASS folks, Geof Bush, and Alan Henderson at the show.

Condolences go out to Alan as he had an eye injury Saturday morning and
was unable to get to the F-1 track in time to drive around it. There's
always next year Alan.
Geof and I will be posting pictures from the event in the next week and
will let you know where to view them and when they are ready!!!
Although I did not win any awards, I did meet lots of nice people and
got to view many, many nice cars. It was a great weekend.

Howard Baugues
76 Spitfire 1500 (With a new frame underneath!!!)
Indiana

--

http://users.abcs.com/bauguesh/