O/D Stuck?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: O/D Stuck?
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 19:34:56 -0700

1980 Spitfire, with O/D.

The car came with a lot of the wiring disconnected.  Got out the wiring
harness and got it hooked up again.  While this car was being worked on,
also bled the clutch cylinder.  Everything should be fine, right?

Now the car is stuck in first gear.  While we had things out, we also fixed
the backup light switch and verified it was working correctly.  But it's
stuck in first gear.  We didn't even get a chance to start the car.  It
shifts between two positions, but unfortunately it's still stuck in first.
Can't find anything binding.

What possibilities are there that the O/D switch somehow got activated
while we were moving the thing in and out of reverse for testing lights?
Would this lock up the tranny for shifting?  Running the engine doesn't
make a difference.  No neutral, no anything but first.

Suggestions would be most valued.  It's not my car, but a friend who just
got it last week.  My 68 Spit is running fine, if a bit rich.

-Vegaman Dan
-68 Spitui!
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |     ConiFur NorthWest 2000 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |