What to do first?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: What to do first?
From: "Phillip Edwards" <metaz76@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 21:21:27 -0400
Yesterday I finally got my 76 Spitfire moved from Kentucky to my new home
in Alabama!  Along with the car came the title so now the restoration can
proceed.  My problem is that the car has been stored for about 10 years
now, and I am not sure what to do first.  Do I need to pull the engine to
make sure that things are ok there, or just pull the head off for an
inspection of condition?  Along with that I need to clean out the fuel
system, I am sure the gas has been bad for several years now.  An advise
would be very helpful!  I have an idea of where I am going to start and
would like to get the advise of others that have done this in the past.
Thank you!

Phillip