Re: clutch seizure

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, griffco@mail.cadvision.com
Subject: Re: clutch seizure
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:05:13 -0400
Skip Vicky Brit, and go to a local generic auto store.  Most of them will be
able to supply
you with a master cylinder for about $30-40.  Heck, you can mail order from
just about
any of the racing supply companies as well, and they'll only gouge you for
about $40-60
US dollars,  brand spanking new.

>>> Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com> 10/09 11:07 PM >>>

As I have this friend (of a friend) who can do it in his shop at home, I
don't think I can beat the price.  I can do him afavour some time, like fix
his wife's sewing machine.

You guys in the US have to remember that when you see a price of $139 (Vic
Brit) or even $109 (Moss) for a new master cylinder, us Canadians have to
add 50%, PLUS freight, handling charges, UPS clearance fees, and then GST
7%.  It doesn't look so cheap anymore. Probably over $200CAN.

Cheers, Fred

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,
Calgary, Canada