Blown Head Gasket?

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Blown Head Gasket?
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:50:18 +0100
Hi All,
I had just finished fitting a free-flow stainless manifold to sophie...
Started her up, lovely noise form the silencer, and no lower manifold
gasket to leak...
Then after warming her up I noticed more steam then normal coming from
the exhaust, even when she was fully warmed?
Pulled the carbs(don't ask why?) (dual HS4) and found water, not much,
but enough to know its not oil or petrol in the back of the front carb?
what does it mean?
Leaking head gasket?
Theres no bubbles in the radiator, and the oil isn't emulsified...
Leaking water jacket on the inlet manifold?
How could water get into the carbs?
Thanks for any help
Cheers
Tim