Re: eBAY Spitfire Hardtop

To: <m.chmura@umassp.edu>
Subject: Re: eBAY Spitfire Hardtop
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, Oct 17 2000 9:10:25 GMT-0600
My question is what
>should something like this be worth?  From the pictures and description
>it's not in A-1 shape plus it's missing the six mounting bolts.  The top
>is in St.Louis and I'm in Massachusetts so shipping could add some
>sizable cost.

Hi,

I've looked at several Spitfire hardtops. Usually, they've run around $200.
None of them were in A-1 shape and had bits missing. And if it's not a
fibreglass aftermarket one-it'll weigh a ton!

I have found that many, many times the prices on eBay are a little on the high
side. (Just as there's so many 'rare' items-that actually aren't that
'rare')-so, unless I absolutely couldn't find something any other way, I go the
eBay route.

Just my 2 cents.

Laura G.