Re: Re: eBAY Spitfire Hardtop

To: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Subject: Re: Re: eBAY Spitfire Hardtop
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, Oct 18 2000 8:10:20 GMT-0600
The
> joint between the soft-top and the top of the windscreen leaks onto my lap in
> heavy rain, particularly at motorway speeds;

That's the 'sporting' part of 'sports'-car! ;-)

When we have another El Nino year-I'll consider actually putting the hard top
on...

the hard-top is completely
> weather-proof.

Having lived with several of these beasties, I'm skeptical about the ability to
make a Spitfire weather-proof.

The hard-top keeps all draughts out, so the mediocre heater
> can do a more effective job (except I need new door window seals right now).

Last winter, the only day I put the top up was with a gentleman who was a bit
of a whiner-and then he kept asking me to turn the heater off-it wasn't even
on! (I've really got to get off my skinny-arse and get that heat shielding in
the cockpit!)

> I feel cosy and protected.

:-)

>The hard-top is a little heavy, but I can fit it alone, although it is easier
> with two (I hear the Stag hard-top, being that much bigger, really takes 4 men
> to fit it with ease!).  The only improvement I would make would be a rear
> window de-mister.

That's the other big reason I have never used my hard-top-I know I could never
lift it alone. That and I would have to carry it around my apartment building
and up the stairs and keep it in my living room...though, with a nice peice of
glass, I think it could make an unusual and quite fetching coffee table!

Cheekily,

Laura G. (Nigel sends his best to Daffy!)