Re: eBAY Spitfire Hardtop

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, m.chmura@umassp.edu
Subject: Re: eBAY Spitfire Hardtop
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:00:19 -0400
Almost all the hardtops I know of are sitting somewhere other then on a
Spitfire.  Mine included.   They also make the car even more claustrophobic
than they are with the top up.  So I question the wisdom of spending
money on a hardtop.  I lived in Mass with a Spitfire for years, no
hard top.  The soft top does just fine with the snow and ice.

Some of my most pleasant memories of that car are my father and
I going up through the Berkshires in the snow, top down, bundled
up and having a ball.

>>> "Mike Chmura" <m.chmura@umassp.edu> 10/17 9:21 AM >>>

Hello all,

There's a hardtop available on eBAY for any 1500 Spit (mine is a 78).
The current bid is $150 with 'reserve not met'.  My question is what
should something like this be worth?  From the pictures and description
it's not in A-1 shape plus it's missing the six mounting bolts.  The top
is in St.Louis and I'm in Massachusetts so shipping could add some
sizable cost.

Any thoughts?

Thx in advance for the help.

michael chmura

 Michael Chmura
 Technical Services Manager
 University Information Systems
 University of Massachusetts, President's Office
 133 Whitmore Building
 Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
 Phone: 413-545-4673
 Fax:     413-545-3205