Re: diff oil filler

To: "goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk" <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: diff oil filler
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:15:12 -0400
John, If I remember since it's been a while, its on the side. Look for a square
bolt head just like the gerabox one. Also like the gearbox you just fill until
it runs out of teh hole. That's the fill line. Total capacity I seem to
remember was 1 1/4 pints (US). I use EP90 GL5 or whatever it is but it's not
supposed to contain phosphorous as that eats the copper seals (or something to
that effect). There is a link on oils on teh VTR site at
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/lubricants-redline.html#gear-oil or also at
http://www.triumphspitfire.com/Fluids.html.

Also if you have not got one already, one of those oil pumps that fits onto the
plastic bottles is a must. Don't forget to clean the vent thingy on the top
while you're at it.

Alan