Re: diff oil filler

To: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: diff oil filler
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:16:09 -0700
Another option is to get an earlier diff housing that already has a drain plug.

There were different times (without any apparent rhyme or reason) when
differential housings were equipped with a drain.  That applies
(and don't quote me on this) to both the smaller and larger bearing units.  I
have one of the smaller ones that came from a Herald in
my race car.   I have seen some GT6 diff casings that also have a drain and I
think these are the same as the ones that were used on
the 1500.

Joe