Re: Spitfire Hardtop Rear window demister

To: alemen@pop.ftconnect.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire Hardtop Rear window demister
From: AandHVentures@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:51:28 EDT
Hi all,
Okay, after lurking about & observing the demister discussion, I have to jump
in.  Several (well, ok.  7 or 8) years ago, I did install one.  Very straight
forward stuff.  The trickiest part was getting the grid all lined up like it
was supposed to be.  Just remember that the glass has to be really, really
clean!  I used a marine type of two conducter plug; this allows you to remove
the top without pulling out a mess of wiring each time you go topless.  That,
a small toggle switch & inline fuse are really about all that it takes.  I
set up an auxilary fuse panel that I wired it into.  6 hours is a bit much;
more like 2 or 3 max.  BTW, the fact that the top does come off makes grid
placement a whole lot easier, and I would defintely reccomend using some type
of an indicator lamp to remind you that it is on.

Cheers
Andy H.