Re: Bosch Blue Coil & Plug Gap Adjustments

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bosch Blue Coil & Plug Gap Adjustments
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:46:46 -0400
Ron, I'm running the Crane PS20 ( 40kv with ballast). Ballast is not part of
the equation on the gap (assuming that you have teh right coil or effectively
shorted out the ballast. Your ballast resistor is a wire that is part of the
wiring loom. All you can do is identify the end of it where it attached to the
coil. Should be two wires on the +ve side, one from the starter solenoid
shorting out the ballast and the other the resistor for normal times. I am not
sure what the ballast requirements for Bosch coil is.

Gap I am running is 42 thou. with normal plugs. If you search the spitlist
archives most are in the high 30's to low 40's region. Since opening the gap is
changing teh emision is is not written anywhere. I called the manufacturers
(Crane) support line and that is what they said to me.

Alan