Bosch Blue Coil & Plug Gap Adjustments

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Bosch Blue Coil & Plug Gap Adjustments
From: Ron Deaver <rrdeaver@emagichappens.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:29:22 -0700
The resurrection continues (I do plan on a writeup when not buried under
the bonnet).  I would like to replace the stock 20-year old Lucas coil with
something not prince-blessed.  The Bosch Blue Coil sounds good, but one
thing comes to mind...

Hotter coil ads often advise that you can run a larger plug gap when
upgrading to the hot coil.  I have not found advise on just *how* much
bigger of a gap to use.

My lil brown 1980 Spitfire has Allison ignition and Bosch Platinum
plugs.  Any advice on how big of a plug gap to use with the Bosch Blue
coil?  Nope, I do not have a resistor installed (none that I can find anywhere).