Re: Re: Spit carb part & an unrelated story

To: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>, Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: Re: Spit carb part & an unrelated story
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:55:49 -0700
> But maybe Terry's onlooker was thinking of a Corvair Monza Spyder? (I had
> one of those.   I confess.)
>
> Atwell (Now it can be told!)

I have long aspired to a Corvair Monza Spyder! They're so cool!

I was talking to a guy the other day who told me a little story-he's a stunt
driver and naturally a car guy and owns several very nice cars-luxury sedans
along with sportscars. Well, his dad died a few years ago and left him a pair
of Corvairs. He was newly divorced at the time and was going out on the first
date after the divorce, for some reason he decided to take one of the Corvairs.
His date was less than impressed. She tried to hide her disappointment but
finally asked him if he had any other cars? Yes. Then she asked him if he had
any drugs? "No." "You drive this and you don't have any drugs?" she asked.
"That's right." "Uh, I have a headache, can you turn around and take me home
now?" He said that since then, he likes to take the Corvairs on first
dates-it's a good barometer.

Laura G.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!