Re: Oiling trunnions + jacking up

To: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>,
Subject: Re: Oiling trunnions + jacking up
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:00:57 +0000 (GMT)
Thanks everyone for the advice, while on the subject where would you
place the jack to lift the front of the car?

I will have a go at oiling the trunnions this weekend, and tightening my
handbrake (the reason for the jacking question).

I am now getting a little more confident on working on my car.  I find
that if I stare at a problem or system for long enough I can usually work
out how it works.  Also I can afford to keep the car off the road for
longer periods because I can get buses into work and don't have to drive.
 I am avoiding driving into work now, not much fun being stuck in traffic
for over an hour a day, I don't think Saskia liked it either!  She seemed
to develop a series of minor problems when using her to commute every
day, that have now lessened.  I'm looking forward to some nice weather so
I can get rid of the hard top and enjoy some top down fun again!

BTW what date is the Stafford weekend?  I will try to make it.

cheers all,
John & Saskia(1977 Spit 1500)

--- Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com> wrote: > John,