Re: Heating Controls Spitfire 1500

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heating Controls Spitfire 1500
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:13:42 +0000
In article <-1229201697dean_rayner@mac.com>, Dean Rayner
<dean_rayner@mac.com> writes

>On Thursday, February 22, 2001, Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
>wrote:
>

>>Oh, and does anyone know what size Allen Key is required to release the
>>grubscrews in the knobs?   The smallest one I have is far too
>>big!
>
>I find that a No. 6 torx fits just fine.
>
>Lube the cables!!  It is a pain of a job, best done with the cables off the
>car,
>which is why no one has done it before!

Dean,

Thanks for the encouragement. :-)   As it happens, I have found that now
I'm using the controls, they are freeing up quite nicely.   The DPO was
a "fair-weather driver" and presumably never wanted to turn the heater
on...

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
to be published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: