Re: Alignment Question

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Subject: Re: Alignment Question
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 09:04:20 -0500
Front end alignment only, 4 wheel, or thrust angle?  They are all different.
I'd recommend a full 4 wheel alignment myself.  Your driving style also
dictates what you need.

Make sure he understands the lower joint on the front suspension is a trunion
and not a ball joint.  If he adjusts the settings  like it's got a lower ball
joint you'll increase bind, wear on the trunion, and possibly cause it to
break.  A trunion only has two axes of rotation, a balljoint has three.

Rear end is sensitive to the toe.

If you like to drive hard and typically wear out the sides of your front tires,
increase the negative direction of your camber.

>>> "d t gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com> 03/02 7:31 AM >>>

Good morning Spitlisters:
        I'm going to take the Spitfire to the tire
shop for an alignment. Is there any special
instructions I should pass on the technicians. The
shop is well respected in my area so I feel
confident that they will do a good job. Thanks for
any help.
        Dave Gebhard