Re: RE: Basically worthless message, but I feel better!

To: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE: Basically worthless message, but I feel better!
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 9:58:37 -0700
> It's snowing here in Harrisonburg VA. but I will still be out driving in my
> Spit. Common sence will get you further than 4wd.
>
> Tod Jones
> Harrisonburg VA.
> 67 Spit Mk II

You're absolutely right!

When we lived in Colorado Springs and the Ute Pass area, and later in the White
Mountains of Arizona- everyone told my mum that she'd have to get a four wheel
drive (as they were called back then), that we'd never be able to get around
for and entire winter with either her '63 Caddy or her Chevy Nova. It used to
bring joy to my old mum to be cautiously making her way down the road and see
so many over zealous 4 wheel drivers stuck! My mother was from upstate New
York-and held to the day she died that they "had *real* snow there!" I don't
think anyone in my immediate family have owned 4 wheel drives when they lived
in snow zones. I found that people get carried away (including in this
particularly wet winter we're having here in so. Cal) and think that they're
invincible and don't slow down.

Wetly,
Laura G.