Re: Shaky Tach

To: <HigginsTJ@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shaky Tach
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 07:27:45 -0800
Tod,

Remove the cable from its housing.  Inspect for fraying or kinks.  If you
see anything like that, replace the cable.  Otherwise, give the cable a
liberal coating of graphite.  This comes in either a tube or a spray can.
If you use the latter, be sure to wear some disposable gloves.  It's messy
stuff.

Re-instert the cable and make certain that the ends are seated fully into
the distributor shaft housing and the gauge.

That should do it.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and..The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!