SU transplant

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: SU transplant
From: Chris DeStaffany <destaff@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 21:20:10 -0800 (PST)
Spent the weekend transplanting a set of HS4s into the
75 1500.  This is a good used set that I checked for
trottle shaft wear. There was none measurable.  It got
dark so I had to stop working.  It starts and runs but
sounds like it is missing on a cylinder even though it
is not.  The rear carb is pulling well but the forward
one is not doing much.  If I richen it up blocking the
air by putting my hand over the intake, it runs well.
I get a little gas back on my hand after about 20
seconds.  I've dropped down the jet to about 4 turns
from the top, but it doesn't seem to be doing
anything.  Any Ideas out there?

Chris DeStaffany
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/