Mk1 Spit Crash Pad Survey

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Mk1 Spit Crash Pad Survey
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 18:27:14 -0400 (EDT)
I thought I knew all there is to know about Mk1 Spits, but I never cease to
be amazed that there are
so many differences that often slip past!

I just found another one and want to ask all those who own Mk1's what you
have.

The car I just picked up has an intact (but cracked) crash pad.  Upon close
examination I noticed
that it is different from what I have on Huxley.
The difference is in the contour of the part that sticks out over the dash.

On Huxley it curves around the outsides and is straight all the way across.
On the new car, (Later
model) it sticks out in the middle (over the
center gauge cluster) further than on the sides.

I checked the Thomason book and saw that the ones illustrated there are just
like what's on the
newer car.  So I need to take a survey of Mk1's to see
who has the straight ones and who has the protruding ones.  Please give your
commission number along
with the type you have.

Regards,
Joe Curry