Speedometer drive gear housing

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedometer drive gear housing
From: JM Dion <dion.longpre@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 20:26:34 -0400
Hi!

Sorry to insist but  I need some help. I did not get any feedback and I
would like to know your experience with the speedometer drive gear
housing of the 3-rail gearbox.

Apparently the original housing was made of metal and is no longer
available. Also the part # changed to 138092 after gearbox FC 28107. If
you order part # 138092 you will received a plastic unit. Is it normal?
May be 138092  was made of plastic since the beginning.

So is it true that the original is not available? If not than where? And
again is someone had any bad or good experience with the plastic
housing. Any specials tricks for the installation?

Thanks

Jean-Marc Dion
Spitfire MKII 1967

JM Dion  a ecrit

Hi !

I want to know if someone had any trouble with the speedometer drive
gear housing (part number 138092). I have the three-rail gearbox. Ive
changed the speedometer drive gear housing (made of plastic) three times

because part of it melted, causing oil leaks. The oil driped onto the
exhaust pipe. One time Ive got a failure of the speedo. Ive check on a

spare gearbox and it was already melted. What is wrong? Any
recommendations?

Thanks

Jean-Marc Dion
Spitfire MKII 1967