RE: Mk1 Spit Crash Pad Survey

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: Mk1 Spit Crash Pad Survey
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:35:37 +0200
Joe
I stand corrected ... again :-)

If you look at fig. 1 on page 6 of the original Triumph Spitfire 4 Owner's
Handbook and at the photos and drawings that appear in the Autocar Road test
of 19 October 1962 the straight dash pad are clearly shown on these early
cars .

My oldest Spitfire ( FC 2218 ) also had no dash pad , but I guess it should
also have had the straight dash pad .

Kind regards .
Chris de Wet .
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .
'56 TR 3 ( TS 10795 ) + '64 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 ( FC 25680 ) .

Projects : '62 Herald 1200 Coupe , '65 Herald 12/50 ( convertible ) ,
'63 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 , '66 Spitfire 4 Mk 2 .