Re: ZS carb question

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ZS carb question
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 13:53:57 -0400
j.moorse@att.net wrote:

> carb rebuild.  I've had my 1974 Spitfire 1500 for 23
> years and am overhauling the carb, a cdse, for the first
> time since the 80s.  The bypass valve gasket that was on
> the carb had 2 seperate holes for the center ports in
> the valve.  The new one has the 2 holes connected in one
> dog-bone shaped hole.

Besides the large hole(s) in the center, there are several around
the edges.  Three of these are for the mounting screws.  If there
are others, match them to the part and that should tell all.
(Where did you get your rebuild kit?  It should have both kinds
of gasket.  If not, you shoulda bought from Spitbits.)
--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,