Re: Carb Wanted

To: Ray Bryant <photoray@flash.net>, <Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com>,
Subject: Re: Carb Wanted
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 17:55:11 -0400
These carbs have a "biased" needle, which is always gently rubbing against
the jet orifice in the bottom of the body.  Eventually the jet will get
enlarged and then it could be impossible to sufficiently lean out the carb,
even if the needle (which will also wear) is replaced.  Unfortunately,
the jet is not a user-replaceable part, since it is pressed into the body.

Nevertheless, I would at least inspect the jet and needle to figure out
if a rebuild would be worthwhile.  The ZS on my '72 always ran fine.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit