Carb Wanted

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Wanted
From: Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:35:25 -0400
Hello listers,

I'm in the process of getting my Spit ready for the new year and have been
running on the same decrepit 150CD (Zenith Stromberg - stock).  It starts
and runs well but, the low idle is a bit rough and unsteady (surprise) -
and it smells terrible (too rich but no black smoke).

I've not much interest in tuning or rebuilding it myself (since my shop
said there's "no more adjustment left on it" anyway).

SO ---

I'm interested in a Weber, of course, but I don't want to shell out
$400-$500 right now.  I'm really interested to hear if anyone has another
zenith stromberg (or whatever the heck would fit on my manifold (stock) and
work reasonably well - anyone do a weber mod from a GOOD single carb they'd
like to sell?

Thanks in advance,

John Cousins