Re: Carb Wanted

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Wanted
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 23:25:31 +0100
Hi Ray
I don't know whether it will work with the CD150 but SU's also have a biased
needle in later carbs, I gently modified the needle holder by removing the
lump that kicks the needle over, this leaves the needle still free to move
under the spring but removes the constant rub meaning I won't be needing
needles (twin SU's) as soon as SU would like me to. I found this made no
difference to the running or adjustability of the carbs. It may be different
with the CD 150.
Also I would say the Idea of the rebuild is to restore the adjustment to
somewhere in the middle of the operating range, then there will be
adjustment available.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon