Re: 'nother Stag on the road + gremlins

To: pbaize <pbaize@swbell.net>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 'nother Stag on the road + gremlins
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2001 04:22:37 -0500
Pat,

Good to hear of another Triumph out on the roads!

I believe the speedo on a Spit is the same whether it is O/D or not.  The drive
 for the speedo measures propshaft speed, and the same differential is used
 whether O/D is fitted or not, so there is no need for a different speedo.  The
 speedo cable is also the same.  What is different is how the cable attaches to
 the gearbox or O/D - for the O/D there is an angle drive to take the drive
 through 90 degrees, so the cable does not foul the frame.  This angle drive is
 a separate component to both O/D and cable, but connects the two to each
 other.  For the non-O/D transmission....  I don't know, because I don't have
 one!

Oops, half right, just looked at the Rimmers catalogue.  Speedo is the same
 (within a particular Spitfire version and market), but cable is different,
 presumably because they have different attachments at the gearbox/OD end.

As for Stags, I have no idea, but I expect they are listed on the Rimmer Bros.
 website (www.rimmerbros.co.uk).

Richard & Daffy

///