Re: Trans rebuild - no reverse

To: rtgetzinger@scif.com
Subject: Re: Trans rebuild - no reverse
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:42:02 -0400
Rob,

I can't say much about the reverse arm pin or their breaking off, but there may
or may not be a seal in your tranny. There was two versions of sealing the input
shaft. Early trannies had a scrolling seal (metal on metal) and later ones had a
rubber seal in the bellhousing. My 76 is rubber but I don't know about yours. If
you take a look into the bellhousing, it will be very evident as to which type
you have. There is also a difference in the in input shaft, depending on which
seal method is used.

BTW, I was able to remove the reverse arm without removing the main shaft
assembly. It was kind of tight but came out after a little hand prying.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario

http://www.vicwhit.com