Re: Radio Plate Measurements

To: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Radio Plate Measurements
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 12:16:11 -0400
Luke Lewis asked:

Luke, I did not see where you got an answer to your question about the
opening for a radio in a Spitfire Mk IV. I am not sure if the dash support
for a Mk III is the same or not but if it is, I have the following
measurements from my 1970 Mk III:

> The measurements I need are:
>
> -How far apart the bolt-holes are (Centre to centre)

5 1/4" if you mean the bolt holes for the dash support, if you mean the
holes for tuning/volume shafts, they are on 3 3/4" centres.

> -How far from the top same holes are (I know, it's like 1/2 inch, but I'd
> rather be right!)

3/8" if you mean the bolt holes for the dash support, 2 1/16"if you mean the
holes for tuning/volume shafts

> -overall width
7 7/8"
> -overall height
4 9/32"
> -distance from the upper edge of the plate to the upper edge of the radio
> "hole"
1 11/32"

You didn't ask, but these rectangular openings may be helpful as well:
Dash Support Opening
2 7/8" (H) x 7 7/16" (W)
(Note: this is metal to metal, some of the space is taken up by the padded
vinyl covering)

Faceplate Opening
1 5/8" (H) x 3 >" (W)

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250 and now a 74 Spit 1500)
  \ R I U M P /