It lives!!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: It lives!!
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 16:39:09 -0600
It lives!!  A while ago I posted about a 71 Norton Commando I came across.
It had not been started since 1980. Well I finally got it running.  It took
a while to get parts, not quite as easy as getting parts for a Spitfire.  A
major tume-up, carb rebuild and a fluid change is all it took.  Runs great!
It drives like I figured it would, poor suspension, brakes, etc.  I didn't
notice until I drove it that the shifter is on the right side and has an
opposite shift pattern than my R1. Hard to get used to.
Now it's time for a major cleaning.
MikeC

///