Why it's great to drive a Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Why it's great to drive a Spitfire
From: Dean.Dashwood@enron.com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:37:03 +0100
Rob wrote:

> This time, tools in hand, I drove down to their location.
<snip>

and Bill wrote:

> please let Scott  know that if he needs help in the Sacramento area
<snip>
> My g/f knows he may call though so she might be able to pick them up
> and run em around for parts until I get home.

I've always been amazed at the camaraderie amongst Spitfire owners, but
this really is the best!  Scott asked for requests for "lifelines" on his
journey across the states.  The fact that he got any replies is amazing -
how many non-LBC owners would be able to get this kind of support (without
paying for it - and getting Dad to come and fix your car when you're 17
doesn't count either!)?

But then for you guys to actually follow up on your promises - I've run out
of superlatives to use to describe this!  Rob has given up (possibly a
sizeable portfion of) his time in order to get Scott out of a spot of
bother.  And Bill had his girlfriend "on standby" to run around helping
find parts if necessary (and would have been prepared to bunk off work if
it wasn't for the fact that he's in a new job).

You guys are great!  It's amazing what we'll do for each other when
necessary......

Dean