Re: sparkplug gap

To: Earl Smith <earl56@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: sparkplug gap
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 07:58:04 -0700
Earl Smith wrote:

> Listers
> Recently i converted Kermit to a crane ignition system(XR700 and 40,000
> volt coil) my plugs were originaly set at .025 but iwas told that the gap
> should be increased to make full use of the higher voltage.Does
> any one have any suggestions as to what the gap should be increased to?
> TIA
> Earl and Kermit the 75 Spit

Earl,
I would think that the spark gap would depend not only on the new ignition
system but on the compression ratio of the particular engine.  MSD provides
a guide with their units to suggest ranges of gap settings that correspond to
the various compression ratios of engines.

But I have the same Crane system on Huxley and have retained the stock gap
settings.

Joe

///