Re: New Spitfire Owner

To: David Lover <dlover25@home.com>
Subject: Re: New Spitfire Owner
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:36:23 -0400
Welcome to our world...so to speak. From the posts you may have seen, we all
enjoy the Spitfire.

I recommend the first thing you do is go out and buy more reading material.
While the Haynes is pretty good, the Bentley manual is even better (but more
money). I use the re-print of the Repair Operation Manual and it hasn't let me
down yet. One of the best and most complete catalogs is by Rimmer Brothers in
the UK.

There is also an archive of the mail list available at:
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=spitfires

You can search on a topic and find the threads of messages that can often be
quite helpful.

There are also many web sites around that have a wealth of information or links
to other sites with even more. I  have some info on my web site but others have
far surpassed me in relevant content. A good starting point is Paul Tegler's
site: http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/
and Jeff McNeal's site: http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/spitfire.shtml has focused
on round tail Spitfires. I am definitely not paying enough tribute to the many
other sites but check the links on Paul's and Jeff's sites. I also have a few on
my site too.

Good luck!

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire