RE: New Spitfire Owner

To: David Lover <dlover25@home.com>
Subject: RE: New Spitfire Owner
From: Chuck Pedretti <chuckp@magenic.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 07:21:44 -0500
Hello David, I'm up in minneapolis.  My wife and I are also new owners of a
spitfire.  I drove it in to work today (just to make sure it was safe for
her to drive ;)  I also have some tranny problems, 3rd gear syncro is
non-existant.  Transmissions are pretty cheap, I've seen them between $25
and $100 so I'm going to snap one up and rebuild it so I can swap it in.

Good luck

Chuck Pedretti
46 Willys CJ2a
70 triumph Spitfire
www.oldjeep.com

David Lover wrote:

> I just wanted to say hi. I just bought my first Spitfire two days ago.
It's a
> '74 spitfire 1500. The engine has 2000 miles since a major overhaul. There
> might some transmission repairs in my future (it slips out of reverse, and
> grinds a little if I go from first to second gear to quickly.) It
definitely
> needs some interior work. I drove it from Minneapolis to home (Rochester,
MN)
> with no problems.

///